Stoke is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Systems Administrator to join the Information Technology team. The Systems Administrator will be the primary contact for day-to-day IT operations and will be responsible for supporting workstations, A/V calls and equipment, phones, servers and network, and Office 365 and other cloud platforms. This position reports to the VP, Head of IT and will be based out of our Bedford and Cambridge offices.
- Provide helpdesk support resolving problems relating to computers, printers, network services, and business applications. Collaborate with internal IT and MSP engineers to provide best support experience for end users.
- Support of A/V equipment and other conference room technologies and calls via Teams, Zoom, etc.
- Subject matter expert for Office desktop suite and Office 365 – Exchange Online, OneDrive, Teams, etc.
- Support and administration of applications and services: Office 365 suite including desktop applications, VoIP, cloud-based file storage, etc.
- Assist with computer patching process, including testing and documentation, investigation and remediation of failed patches and security and system events.
- Participates in monitoring, investigation, and problem resolution of systems and network.
- Assists in desktop engineering to develop and continuously improve installation and configuration procedures, tools, standards, and documentation for end user computer and software deployments.
- Assist in supporting lab computers used to run lab instruments and data acquisition.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3 to 5 years proven experience in an IT department of a fast paced, high growth company preferably in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical industry.
- Degree in MIS, Computer Science or Engineering or related studies; relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- A positive and pleasant demeanor and clear, concise communications skills.
- Think and work methodically, independently, and prioritize to resolve problems and manage projects.
- Attention to detail and accuracy and strong analytical ability.
- Must have strong experience with Windows OSes, Office 365, Office desktop applications, OneDrive, A/V conference room technologies ideally with Crestron Mercury system.
- Solid, hands-on experience with SharePoint, Intune or other MDM platforms, Active Directory a plus.
- Fluent understanding of networks (VLANs, routing, VPNs, network services (DNS, DHCP), security concepts.
- Strong analytical ability, translating requirements into a logical architecture.
- Professional certifications and experience with Linux a plus.
We believe that innovation, the ability to successfully advance our ground-breaking science and having fun as a team are enhanced by being together, in person. As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic with a high rate of vaccination among our employees, we have begun a return to our physical work environments and resumed some business travel to engage with stakeholders when appropriate. We have established guidelines to allow for flexibility in work arrangements that balance individual’s needs and preferences with the needs of our business and our desire to foster a culture of collaboration and innovation. For some roles, the necessity of being physically present every day has and continues to be a priority to ensure continued progress with our important work for patients. We will continue to evaluate our practices as we move through this unique period.
Company policy requires that all employees and all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the earlier of November 15 or when the new Department of Labor rules regarding testing and vaccinations take effect. By applying, you are confirming that, if hired, you can satisfy this express condition of employment. At present, an individual is deemed “fully vaccinated” when that person has received, at least 14 days prior, either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson). The Company will make reasonable accommodations under applicable law for qualified individuals to enable them to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship for the Company.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position will be based in Bedford.
5% travel will be required for this position.
Benefits & Compensation:
At Stoke Therapeutics we are proud to offer comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Parental Leave; a 401K program with company match, unlimited vacation time, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP).
Compensation is market competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience. All positions are bonus and stock eligible.