Stoke is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join the In Vivo Pharmacology Department. This position is an opportunity to learn new techniques and concepts, be creative, and grow with a growing company.
- Design and execute studies to investigate the PK/PD and efficacy of drug candidates.
- Perform routine handling procedures and injections, monitor animal health, and collect tissues in mice.
- Perform behavioral experiments in animal models.
- Support the implementation of new animal models.
- Read and understand scientific literature.
- Analyze data, author technical reports, and document experiments in an electronic notebook.
- Participate and present at project team and departmental meetings.
- Collaborate across functional areas.
Required Skills & Experience:
- M.S. or B.S. in the field of biology related fields with 5-7+ years (B.S.) or 3-5+ years (M.S.) experience working in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company or contract research organization.
- Experience working with animal disease models.
- Experience with animal behavioral assays.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative thinking and working well in a team environment.
- Experience in neuroscience a plus.
- Experience in ophthalmology a plus.
We believe that innovation, the ability to successfully advance our ground-breaking science and having fun as a team are enhanced by being together, in person. As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic with a high rate of vaccination among our employees, we have begun a return to our physical work environments and resumed some business travel to engage with stakeholders when appropriate. We have established guidelines to allow for flexibility in work arrangements that balance individual’s needs and preferences with the needs of our business and our desire to foster a culture of collaboration and innovation. For some roles, the necessity of being physically present every day has and continues to be a priority to ensure continued progress with our important work for patients. We will continue to evaluate our practices as we move through this unique period.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position will be based in Bedford.
No travel will be required for this position.
Benefits & Compensation:
At Stoke Therapeutics we are proud to offer comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Parental Leave; a 401K program with company match, unlimited vacation time, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP).
Compensation is market competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience. All positions are bonus and stock eligible.