Stoke is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join a company pioneering genetic disease treatments. A successful candidate should have a strong interest and background in cellular and molecular biology research. This candidate will be a member of the In Vitro Pharmacology Group. Tasks will focus on evaluating oligonucleotides for therapeutic projects. The candidate will support implementing and executing biochemical or cellular biological assays. The candidate will be expected to perform the following activities:
- Evaluate oligonucleotide-based drug candidates in cell-based assays.
- Conduct in vitro disease model cellular assays to evaluate drug candidates.
- Perform cell and molecular biology techniques including RNA isolation, protein isolation, RT-PCR, qPCR, western blot, and other project-specific assays, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot experiments, analyze, interpret data, participate in development of new assays.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in electronic lab notebook (ELN) and draft technical reports.
- Present research findings at group meetings and occasional company-wide and external meetings.
- Work independently as well as collaborate with peers in a result-oriented research environment.
- B.S/M.S. with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in molecular and cell biology research, preferably in industry, or M.S. with minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in molecular and cell biology research, preferably in industry.
- Experienced in standard cell culture techniques.
- Experience in molecular biology, RNA isolation techniques, and cell-based assays are a must.
- A plus would be prior participation in phenotypic assays, iPSC disease model assays, or antisense-based target validation.
- Work experience in therapeutic areas involving CNS or ocular disease desirable.
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills, experience using ELN is highly desirable.
Approximately 5% of this position will require travel.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.
This position is based in Bedford, MA. Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA.