Stoke is seeking to hire a Senior Research Associate with a strong background in cell and molecular biology research. The candidate will report to an Associate Principal Scientist in the Discovery Biology Group and support ongoing research efforts in developing oligonucleotide-based therapies. The candidate is expected to perform the following activities:
- Work in aseptic conditions and maintain cultures of various cell types.
- Screen and evaluate oligonucleotide-based drug candidates and plasmids in cell-based assays by nucleofection, transfection.
- Perform cell and molecular biology techniques such as RNA and protein isolation, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, in 96 and 384 well formats.
- Perform protein assays- western blot, ELISA and MSD assays.
- Troubleshoot experiments, analyze and interpret data, participate in development of new assays.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in electronic lab notebook (ELN).
- Write technical reports and protocols, with guidance from supervisor.
- Present research findings at group meetings and occasional company-wide and external meetings, as necessary.
- Work independently as well as collaborate with peers in a result-oriented research environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Senior Research Associate: B.S. with a minimum of 5+years post-graduate experience in molecular and cell biology research, or M.S. with a minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in molecular and cell biology research
- Strong hands-on experience in RNA isolation techniques RT-qPCR and protein assays.
- Mammalian cell culture and cell-based assays is a must.
- Experience with viral vectors is a plus but not required.
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position is based in Bedford, MA.
This position will require 10-15% travel.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.