Stoke is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on Senior Infrastructure and Security Engineer to join a company pioneering treatments for genetic diseases. This role is a key member of the IT team and will be responsible for helping to implement and support IT infrastructure and ensuring alignment with industry standards and best practices around compliance and security. This position will report to the Head of IT.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the implementation and enforcement of corporate, regulatory and risk management policy configurations across IT systems. Partner with system owners to address the same across business applications.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining standards, technologies, processes, and procedures related to both information security and IT operations.
- Ensure availability and capacity of networks and systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain tools and reports around network and systems availability, capacity, performance, and security.
- Coordinates, administers, monitors, and maintains network, server, and security infrastructure.
- Lead security initiatives: vulnerability and risk management of systems, incident handling, Conditional Access and MFA, DLP, pen testing.
- Participate in helpdesk support as required.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant experience. Experience in biotech or life sciences industry a plus.
- Working experience with Active Directory, Azure and Office 365 configuration and security capabilities such as Conditional Access, MFA, and SAML SSO.
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Experience with endpoint and server security tools such as anti-virus/malware, EDR, encryption.
- Working network experience including strong understanding network fundamentals, routers, switches, WAN, LAN, VPN, firewalls, and other internetworking technologies
- Working experience with network services like CA and certificates, DHCP, DNS, IDS, etc.
- Strong fluency with Windows desktop and server, Mac OS, and Linux with special emphasis on configuring and hardening endpoints and servers.
- Experience with monitoring and log management tools required.
- Knowledge of at least 1 scripting language such as Bash, PowerShell, Python.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code concepts and strong desire to automate as much as possible.
- Experience in Project Management required for the implementation of new and change management of existing network and systems including vendor management.
- Knowledgeable of compliance and security standards such as CIS/ISO/NIST, GDPR/CCPA, SOX, and 21 CFR part 11 and computer systems validation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in addition to excellent documentation skills required. Ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
This position will require less than 5% travel.
This position will be primarily located in Cambridge, MA, and may also work occasionally from Bedford, MA.
Since March 2020, Stoke’s office-based employees have been working from home and we have modified our business practices (including but not limited to curtailing or modifying employee travel, moving to partial remote work, and cancelling physical participation in meetings, events, and conferences). We are continually assessing the impact of COVID-19 on our business and keeping in mind the best interests of our employees, patients, and business partners. For the foreseeable future, we anticipate the individual in this role will work from home and participate in meetings and company events virtually. At some point, we anticipate this role will return to working at one of our physical locations.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.