Stoke is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to join a company pioneering genetic disease treatments. A successful candidate should have a strong interest and background in cellular and molecular biology research. This candidate will be a member of the In Vitro Pharmacology Group. Tasks will focus on evaluating oligonucleotides for therapeutic projects. The candidate will support implementing and executing biochemical or cellular biological assays. The candidate will be expected to perform the following activities:
- Conduct in vitro disease model cellular assays to evaluating oligonucleotide-based drug candidates.
- Perform cell and molecular biology techniques including RNA isolation, protein isolation, RT-PCR, qPCR, western blot, and other project-specific assays, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot experiments, analyze, interpret data, participate in development of new assays.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in electronic lab notebook (ELN) and draft technical reports.
- Present research findings at group meetings, company-wide presentations, and external meetings.
- Work independently as well as collaborate with peers in a result-oriented research environment focused on generating therapeutics.
- PhD or MS with 8+ years post-graduate experience or B.S. with 10+ years of post-graduate in molecular and cell biology research, preferably in industry.
- Experienced in cell culture techniques with variety of cells.
- Proficient in the culture and differentiation of human iPSC to neuronal cell types.
- Experience in molecular biology, RNA techniques, and cell-based assays are a must.
- Prior work experience characterizing iPSC derived cells or an iPSC derived cell human disease model.
- Previous work experience in anti-sense oligonucleotide-based target validation.
- Work experience in therapeutic areas involving CNS or ocular disease highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills, experience using ELN is highly desirable Strong oral and written communication skills.
Approximately 5% of this position will require travel.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.
This position is based in Bedford, MA. Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA.