Stoke is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, and experienced Bioanalytical Scientist to join the Bioanalytical, DMPK and Biomarker Development group.
- Develop high-quality assays to quantitate oligonucleotides in biological matrices to understand the pharmacokinetics (PK) and absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion (ADME) of drug candidates.
- Responsible for sample analysis to support PK/PD and other non-clinical studies, interpret results and report data to support INDs/CTAs.
- Participate in the management of CROs in the conduct of in vitro/in vivo ADME studies.
- Partner with and support Toxicology and Research.
- Establish oligonucleotide stability profiling and metabolite identification.
- Work with CRO laboratories to transfer, qualify/validate bioanalytical assays, and support assay implementation.
- Write SOPs and other technical reports as needed.
- Present results at cross-functional team and lab meetings.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in ELN.
- Help maintain the bioanalytical lab and keep the instruments running properly.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience, or Master’s degree with 8+ years of post-graduate experience, or Ph.D. with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience working in industry.
- Strong knowledge of drug metabolism, ADME concepts and bioanalytical principles is required. Experience in metabolism aspect of oligonucleotides is highly desirable.
- Good understanding of bioanalytical assay development, validation, and implementation.
- Proven hands-on experience in various bioanalytical formats e.g. LC-MS/MS (Sciex/Thermo), HELISA, MSD etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work as a team player in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and organizations skills.
- Prior drug development experience in nucleic acids-based therapeutics is highly desirable.
- Basic understanding of GLP with ICH and FDA Guidance is a plus.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position is based in Bedford, MA.
Since March 2020, Stoke’s office-based employees have been working from home and we have modified our business practices (including but not limited to curtailing or modifying employee travel, moving to partial remote work, and cancelling physical participation in meetings, events and conferences). We are continually assessing the impact of COVID-19 on our business and keeping in mind the best interests of our employees, patients, and business partners. For the foreseeable future, we anticipate the individual in this role will work from home and participate in meetings and company events virtually. At some point, we anticipate this role will return to working at one of our physical locations.