Stoke is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Purchasing Associate to join the Facilities and Engineering Department. This position reports to the Site Manager and is an opportunity to learn what it takes to support a busy biotechnology research lab from the standpoint of lab materials, including inventory management, purchasing, and receiving and site operations.
- Coordinate with lab researchers and G&A colleagues on the procurement of research materials, special orders and services
- Execute the Stoke purchasing process including obtaining competitive bids, coordinating with vendors, assigning cost centers and creating purchase orders
- Work with in-house contractor Fisher ULS on the lab consumables and cold reagents inventory management system
- Receive packages and deliver packages to the labs and cold storage locations
- Provide reception support. Greet visitors, vendors and delivery personnel and direct them accordingly.
- Support the Health Screening Questionnaire process for visitors and contractors.
- Sort and distribute mail and packages.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment, including computers, copiers, printers and cafeteria appliances
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies
- Coordinate maintenance initiatives and small projects with landlord and construction contractors
- Additional projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High school diploma required.
- 1-3+ years’ experience in a site services and/or purchasing role.
- Familiarity with lab environment is a plus.
- Strong technical skills in MS Office required. Must be proficient in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated capability using financial concepts.
- Strong planning skills and follow through, strong interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication skills a must.
- Superior organizational skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
We believe that innovation, the ability to successfully advance our ground-breaking science and having fun as a team are enhanced by being together, in person. As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic with a high rate of vaccination among our employees, we have begun a return to our physical work environments and resumed some business travel to engage with stakeholders when appropriate. We have established guidelines to allow for flexibility in work arrangements that balance individual’s needs and preferences with the needs of our business and our desire to foster a culture of collaboration and innovation. For some roles, the necessity of being physically present every day has and continues to be a priority to ensure continued progress with our important work for patients. We will continue to evaluate our practices as we move through this unique period.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position will be based in Bedford and may occasionally work from Cambridge.
This position will require approximately 5% travel.
Benefits & Compensation:
At Stoke Therapeutics we are proud to offer comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Parental Leave; a 401K program with company match, unlimited vacation time, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP).
Compensation is market competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience. All positions are bonus and stock eligible.