The Paralegal will to support Stoke’s legal department in a wide variety of corporate, contract, intellectual property, compliance, and legal operations matters. This position reports to the Deputy General Counsel and will work closely with all members of the legal department.
- Assist with corporate governance matters including preparation and maintenance of board and committee minutes, resolutions, consents and record books.
- Organize and maintain Intellectual Property (IP), compliance and other legal operations records and filings.
- Negotiate a variety of template-based contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, material transfer agreements, data privacy addendums and other related agreements with Counsel support.
- Provide administrative support as necessary to the legal department, including setting up new law firms and vendors in new vendor and e-billing systems and managing billing and account inquiries for legal department vendors.
- Support ongoing company-wide initiatives, including policy development, template standardization and adoption of contract-related technologies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or paralegal certification is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of paralegal experience inhouse at biotech/biopharma company (can be combined with relevant experience at a law firm).
- Familiarity with IP docketing and management systems (such as CPI) and experience with PCT and foreign patent procedures is highly preferred.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational and strong record keeping skills are required for this role.
- A positive attitude and excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are important.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and with a high level of confidentiality and discretion in handling of legal matters is critical for this role.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to interface with outside counsel, vendors, collaborators, and internal functions at all levels is required.
- Willingness to grow and learn new responsibilities.
- Notary license in Massachusetts or willingness to get one.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA, and this position can be located at either.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.