Stoke is seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Manager to join a company pioneering genetic disease treatments. A successful candidate should have a strong background in cellular biology research. This candidate will be a member of the In Vitro Pharmacology Group and will also have overall Stoke biology and chemistry laboratory Management responsibility. The candidate will also work in a team environment to execute cellular biological assays. The candidate will be expected to perform the following activities:
- Work closely with biologist and chemist to maintain, organize, and improve the safe and efficient operation of our laboratory.
- Conduct in vitro disease model cellular assays to evaluate drug candidates & ensure tissue culture suites are functioning optimally.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the facilities team to ensure Research Laboratory is functioning and will expand optimally.
- Troubleshoot experiments, analyze, interpret data, participate in development of new assays.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in electronic lab notebook (ELN) and draft technical reports.
- Present research findings at group meetings and occasional company-wide and external meetings.
- Work independently as well as collaborate with peers in a result-oriented research environment.
- B.S/M.S. with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience in molecular and cell biology research, preferably in industry, or M.S. with minimum of 2 years post-graduate experience in cell biology research, preferably in industry.
- Strong experienced in standard sterile cell culture techniques and tissue culture suite maintenance is required.
- A plus would be prior participation in phenotypic assay or iPSC disease model assays.
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills, experience using ELN is highly desirable.
Approximately 5% of this position will require travel.
This position is based in Bedford, MA. Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.