Stoke is seeking a highly motivated Associated Scientist to join a company pioneering genetic disease treatments. The candidate will be expected to perform the following activities:
- Working with a small team in coordination with a Ph.D. scientist, the scientist in this role will design, execute, and troubleshoot research efforts independently.
- Synthesis and purification of oligonucleotides from milligram to multigram scale using automated synthesis system such as Mermade and Äkta.
- Synthesis of oligonucleotide conjugates and oligonucleotides containing novel chemistries.
- Sourcing of raw materials and all other reagents needed for oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Maintenance of all oligonucleotide synthesis and purification equipment.
- Purification of oligonucleotides: De-salting, HPCL, or other techniques.
- Formulation of oligonucleotides into solutions of measured concentration.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry with 7+ years of related experience, or Master’s degree in Chemistry with 5+ years of related post-graduate experience.
- Experience in nucleic acid chemistry and/or oligonucleotide synthesis is a plus
- Good team-working and communication skills are essential.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position is based in Bedford, MA.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match; a Tuition Assistance Program, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.