Stoke is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Associate Scientist to join the Discovery Biology group. The successful candidate will have a strong interest and background in molecular biology research. The candidate will contribute to the early discovery efforts that Stoke undertakes to identify, evaluate and propose disease-associated gene targets that will populate the company’s pipeline. This will include evaluating antisense oligonucleotides for therapeutic potential beginning at the target validation stage, followed by hit identification, and finally generating a data package for target nomination. The candidate will be responsible for independently implementing and executing biochemical or cellular assays to support/advance the Discovery Biology group activities. The candidate will perform the following activities:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform cell and molecular biology techniques including RNA isolation, protein isolation, RT-PCR, qPCR, western blot, and other project-specific assays, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot experiments, analyze and interpret data, and participate in development of new assays.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in Electronic Lab Notebook and draft technical reports.
- Present research findings at group meeting, company-wide presentation, and external meetings.
- Be able to work independently as well as collaborate with peers in a results-oriented environment focused on generating life altering therapeutics.
- Associate Scientist: MS with a minimum of 5 years post-graduate experience or bachelor’s with a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience
- Experienced in mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Experience in molecular biology/RNA isolation techniques.
- Experience in RNA metabolism/splicing is a strong plus.
- Previous work with antisense oligonucleotides is a plus.
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills. Strong oral and written communication skills.
Approximately 5% of this position will require travel.
This position will primarily be located in Bedford, Mass.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including: medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.