Stoke is seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative and technically excellent laboratory-based Scientist with a strong biomarker discovery background to join the Bioanalytical, DMPK and Biomarker Development group. The candidate will be responsible for biomarker discovery, assay development and implementation. The specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Independently develop high-quality assays to quantitate biomarkers in biospecimens from preclinical and clinical studies, interpret results and report data to support biomarker discovery efforts.
- Evaluate a variety of platforms including immunoassays and implement “fit for purpose” assays as necessary.
- Participate in clinical biomarker sub team that includes representatives from research, pharmacology and DMPK functions.
- Characterize/evaluate critical reagents including protein reference materials, antibodies, and reagents to ensure quality and stability.
- Assist in outsourcing and manage relationships with CRO laboratories to transfer, qualify/validate bioanalytical assays, coordinate sample shipments and support assay implementation.
- Prepare protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Present results at cross-functional team and lab meetings.
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in ELN.
- Help maintain the bioanalytical lab and keep the instruments running properly.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- B.S/M.S. with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience is required preferably in pharmaceutical or biotechnology company.
- Strong hands-on experience in developing, implementing and executing ligand binding assays (ELISA, MSD-ECL, Luminex, Singulex, Simoa etc.) to quantify analytes in biofluids or tissues is a must.
- Good understanding of bioanalytical and biomarker assay development, validation and implementation using a variety of platforms e.g. qPCR, Western blots, immunoassays.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills, and ability to work as a team player in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with regulatory expectations (FDA and EMA) and industry’s best practices in validation of biomarker assays is desired.
- Prior drug development experience in nucleic acids-based therapeutics and testing biological matrices for PK/PD evaluation is a plus.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position is based in Bedford, MA.