Stoke is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated oligonucleotide chemist to join the chemistry group. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying problems / deficiencies in oligonucleotides of interest for therapeutic optimization and then designing new oligonucleotides as well as implementing work plans to affect their solution resulting in broad utility across multiple disciplines
- Overseeing a team of scientists and continuously mentoring and optimizing the processes for
- Internal oligonucleotide synthesis capability, including the set-up of new synthesis and purification equipment.
- Synthesis and purification of oligonucleotides from milligram to multigram scale.
- Synthesis of oligonucleotide conjugates and oligonucleotides containing novel chemistries.
- Sourcing of raw materials and all other reagents needed for oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Recruiting and managing personnel to support oligonucleotide synthesis activities.
- Cross-training of other chemistry personnel in oligonucleotide synthesis and purification methodology.
- Interacting with external oligonucleotide synthesis CMOs to manage orders, assist with troubleshooting, and facilitate technology transfer as needed.
- Collaborating extensively with discovery and development project teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry or biochemistry with at least 10+ years of post-graduate experience and deep knowledge in oligonucleotide chemistries and their biology
- Previous experience with ÄKTA Oligopilot and/or MerMade oligonucleotide synthesizer platforms.
- Previous experience with oligonucleotide conjugation chemistry.
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills.
- Strong presentational skills to be able to communicate to both internal and external audiences.
- Previous experience in supervising, developing, and recruiting excellent scientists
- Strong track record of publication and presentation in oligonucleotide therapeutics field
- Ability to work as a team player, creating a dynamic and inspirational
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.
Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position is based in Bedford, MA.
Since March 2020, Stoke’s office-based employees have been working from home and we have modified our business practices (including but not limited to curtailing or modifying employee travel, moving to partial remote work, and cancelling physical participation in meetings, events and conferences). We are continually assessing the impact of COVID-19 on our business and keeping in mind the best interests of our employees, patients, and business partners. For the foreseeable future, we anticipate the individual in this role will work from home and participate in meetings and company events virtually. At some point, we anticipate this role will return to working at one of our physical locations.