This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. The focus of this position will be managing the budgeting, forecast and long range planning processes and serving as the business partner to all departments, especially to the R&D organization, helping department heads throughout the company in understanding and managing the performance of their respective parts of the organization. This position will partner and interact closely with the accounting team on the month end closing process.
This individual will be spear-heading the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis, long range planning process and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. The position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement best-in-class FP&A processes and procedures to drive informed decision making for executives and functional leaders with the goal to drive financial performance across the organization.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all expenses and capital expenditures, highlighting trends, and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports.
- Work with the Company’s business intelligence tool and dashboard reports.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes along with departmental stakeholders to drive efficiencies.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis.
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in Financial Planning and Analysis roles.
- Strong leadership skills required, highly driven and self-motivated.
- Experience in biotechnology preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Financial statement knowledge and understanding of US GAAP.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Experience with ERP systems including NetSuite and Adaptive Planning.
Approximately 5% of this position may require travel.
Benefits & Compensation:
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.
Location(s): Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. This position is based in Bedford, MA.
Since March 2020, Stoke’s office-based employees have been working from home and we have modified our business practices (including but not limited to curtailing or modifying employee travel, moving to partial remote work, and cancelling physical participation in meetings, events and conferences). We are continually assessing the impact of COVID-19 on our business and keeping in mind the best interests of our employees, patients, and business partners. For the foreseeable future, we anticipate the individual in this role will work from home and participate in meetings and company events virtually. At some point, we anticipate this role will return to working at one of our physical locations.